MUTANT’s mission is to create space for children and elderly people in our super diverse society.
We, Anke van Keulen and Fuusje de Graaff, are developing methods, writing educational material, giving training sessions, organizing workshops and advising managers on trajectories for policy development.
The common ground for our work is striving for Justice, Equality an Respect for Diversity
Early Childhood Care and Education
Anke van Keulen is active in diverse projects and communities in Early Childhood Care and Education. As social pedagogue she specialized in pedagogical quality and diversity, democratic citizenship, professionalism, learning communities and European cooperation in Early Childhood Care and Education. Aiming to improve the quality of early childhood services, Anke’s service in international projects is:
- developing cross-national pedagogical methods and approaches
- advising as an international ECEC specialist on educational and quality policy documents, training manuals, guidelines, etc.
- providing workshops, presentations and training sessions.
Anke is an active member in European networks and projects;
- Chair of Child Care International
- Active member of ISSA (International Step by Step Association)
- Initiator and former coordinator of the European network DECET (Diversity in Early ChildhoodEducation and Care)
- Initiator and trainer of the European Quality Framework for ECCE: 5 Steps to Quality
- Co-author and trainer educational programme ‘Peace in your hands’ (www.peace-education-in-action.org)
Anke’s international activities
See: Presentations and publications Anke van Keulen
Health and Elderly Care
Fuusje de Graaff is active in projects in Health and Elderly Care. As geographer and medical anthropologist she is doing research en training health professionals in the Netherlands in intercultural communication. Her PhD research culminated in the publication “Partners in palliative care? Perspectives of Turkish and Moroccan immigrants and Dutch professionals”. She still contributes to research projects as an adviser, peer reviewer and sometimes as co-author.
Fuusje’s international publications
See: Publications Fuusje de Graaff